Best Muscle Gain Protein Powder for Bodybuilding
Finding the best muscle gain protein powder gives you the ability to boost the results of the time you put into your workouts. If you’re on a mission to bulk up lean muscle mass, you’re going to want a solution that is easy to dissolve in milk or combine with your daily smoothies. Below are three of the top protein powders you can take to build muscle in less time.
Best Muscle Gain Protein Powder Comparison Chart
Best Muscle Gain Protein Powder: A Closer Look
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition is one of the best brands to turn to when looking for workout supplements, especially their protein powder. Comprised of ingredients specifically designed to assist with muscle building and recovery, you’re likely to appreciate its potential. There are plenty of amazing features it has to offer which make it stand out against other protein blends.
This supplement offers the following:
- 100% Whey Blend: Having access to pure whey protein isolate is essential for giving your body the nutrition it needs to build healthy muscle mass. In this protein powder, you’ll be consuming up to 24g of protein per serving via whey isolate and whey peptides.
- BCAAs: BCAAs are also important in terms of ensuring your muscles are lean, strong, and healthy. Instead of using artificial sources of BCAAs, this formula has naturally occurring ones. In each serving, you’ll receive up to five grams of BCAAs.
- Other Ingredients: If you’re searching for a moderately healthy protein shake, you’ll want to consider the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Protein Powder. It doesn’t have sucralose or gluten and is also low in fat, sugar, and carbs. At most, you’ll be consuming up to four grams of carbs, three grams of sugar, and one gram of fat.
- Improved “Mixability”: Protein powder tends to be a little more difficult to combine if you’re not mixing it in a blender. With that said, the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Protein Powder is finely milled to prevent clumps and lumps from forming in your beverages.
- Multiple Flavors: You’ll be glad to know that you have full control over the flavors of your favorite protein beverage and that it doesn’t come in only chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter. Some of the other available flavors include coffee, double rich chocolate, and mocha cappuccino.
- Combines easily with water
- Safe ingredients
- Can be taken any time
- Offers optimal energy for workouts
- Overly sweet taste
- Poorly designed flavors
- May cause gastric distress
2. BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder
Commonly referred to as one of the best tasting protein powders on the market, BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder is surely a formula to consider. Similar to the Optimum Nutrition formula, this solution is packed with healthy ingredients specifically designed to assist you in building lean muscle mass.
The things you’d expect from this supplement are:
- High-Protein Formula: Compared to other protein powders that have under 20 grams per scoop, this powder provides up to 22g of protein per serving. This is in addition to 10 grams of amino acids that are essential to your overall well being as well as nourishing your muscles. When combined, protein and amino acids can assist you with bulking up in less time.
- Rich and Creamy Texture: Regardless if you combine this powder with milk or water, you’ll notice that it has a thicker consistency similar to a milkshake. This is one of its largest selling points as your post- or pre-workout smoothies will feel more like a treat than a necessity.
- Promotes Recovery: Another fantastic feature of amino acids is that they help your muscles to recover faster after working out. This allows you to get back into the gym in less time than without the help of the protein powder.
- Dosing at Any Time: There isn’t a specific time of the day when you should take the BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder, which is very convenient. You can take it in the morning or the night without having to worry about intense jitters or an excessive amount of energy.
- Multiple Flavors: There are five different flavors available for you to purchase online at this time, including chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, cookies and cream, strawberry, and vanilla.
- Most flavors taste exceptional
- Perfect as a meal replacement
- Assists with bulking
- Easily combines in smoothies
- Contains non-USA sourced ingredients
- Nutritional information has changed
- High-carb formula
3. Garden of Life Meal Replacement Powder
As a vegan or someone leading a plant-based lifestyle, you’ll need a protein powder that is derived from non-animal sources. The Garden of Life Meal Replacement Powder is a fantastic alternative for a healthy source of protein to consume throughout the day. Designed as a meal replacement powder, there are plenty of advantages you’ll experience when trying to gain muscle mass.
This supplement boasts the following:
- Superfood Formula: There are over 44 different superfood ingredients included in the formula ranging from fruits and vegetables to organic grass juices. In addition, there are six grams of fiber per scoop, which helps to make you feel satiated for longer.
- Workout Recovery: After you have finished working out, you can easily consume a shake using this powder to help boost your energy levels as well as assist your body with the recovery process. With the assistance of its vitamins and minerals, you’ll also notice your body will feel and look healthier.
- Probiotics Included: As something you don’t typically notice with most other protein shakes, this formula also includes probiotics. There are 1.5 billion CFU probiotics and enzymes to aid in healthy digestion and a healthier gut.
- Whole Ingredients: Instead of ingesting a protein powder with synthetic ingredients, this formula is designed to adapt to any diet. It is certified organic and is also soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, kosher, and non-GMO.
- Plenty of organic ingredients
- Doesn’t cause indigestion
- Can be added to multiple recipes
- Incredibly satisfying
- Has an unappealing taste
- Tastes like erythritol
- May become gritty
When choosing the best muscle gain protein powder, you’ll want a formula that is also nourishing. With that said, we highly recommend the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Protein Powder as it has all the essential ingredients needed to promote healthy body mass. Although it may not be as appetizing as the SYNTHA-6 formula, its flavors aren’t overtly unappealing to consume daily.